If you crave the flavor of wood-fired pizzas, you may be eyeing an outdoor pizza oven to recreate the taste at home.
These portable pizza ovens use wood or gas to create high temperatures that can quickly cook up a pizza pie. These ovens also can cook many other foods, such as meats, vegetables and breads.
But deciding on which outdoor pizza oven to select is challenging based on the number of models available.
- Ooni Koda 12 Gas Pizza Oven: “With super-high heat, the Ooni Koda 12 can cook a pizza in 1 minute, which we found true when cooking our whole-wheat pie. The supreme pizza we made took just 30 seconds longer,” The Spruce Eats says.
- Breville Smart Oven Pizzaiolo Pizza Oven: “We preferred the Pizzaiolo to everything else we evaluated because of its predictable, consistent results and even cooking, which comes from the placement and electronic control of the dual heating elements — one pair of concentric circular elements set below the stone and one above,” CNN Underscored says.
- Solo Stove Pi Pizza Oven: “I love how compact the oven is. The cooking surface is large enough to accommodate my biggest Lodge cast-iron pan, but I can leave the handle sticking out—a boon to anyone who has ever burned their hands through heat-resistant gloves,” Wired says.
- Roccbox by Gozney Pizza Oven: Because the Roccobox doesn’t take up a lot of space, it’s a powerful option for those with a smaller outdoor patio and limited storage space — and because it just looks cool, it’s a also great option for impressing guests at pizza parties,” Tom’s Guide says.
- Camp Chef Italia Artisan Pizza Oven: “This home pizza oven has a double-layer ceiling, which helps retain heat so it can cook like a brick oven,” Good Housekeeping says.
RELATED STORIES ABOUT SHOPPING TIPS AND DEALS:
Our journalism needs your support. Please subscribe today to NJ.com.